Altace is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and to treat a patient who has had a heart attack to try to prevent heart failure. This drug is also used to reduce a patient’s risk of having a stroke and/or heart attack.
Dosage Information for Altace
- Inform your physician of any medications you take prior to starting a treatment of Altace.
- Take as directed by your physician.
- Altace should be taken with an 8 ounce glass of water.
- Do not break, chew or crush this medication.
- This medication can be taken on an empty stomach or with food.
- To receive the benefits of this medication it should be taken regularly. Do not discontinue without consulting your doctor.
- You may be required to have regular blood tests during treatment.
- If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose. You should never take a double dose of Altace
- Store at room temperature and away from heat.
Special Information About Altace
- If you plan on becoming pregnant, you should not take Altace. It can harm your unborn baby.
- If you are breastfeeding, you should consult with your physician prior to taking drug. Altace does pass through into breast milk.
- You should tell your physician if you have any of the following conditions prior to taking this medicine: kidney or liver disease, high potassium in your diet or if you are on a salt restricted diet.
- This medication may make you dizzy and/or sleepy. You should use caution when performing hazardous activities and driving until you see how the medication affects you. You should use caution if you sit up or stand abruptly as it may make you dizzy.
- You should not consume alcohol or sleeping pills when you are taking this medication as it will increase the side effects.
- Contact your physician if you experience any side effects.
Disclaimer: Cliff Schaffer does not personally endorse or support any of the comments made within the writings of this article.