Clonidine works in lowering the blood pressure. This medication allows your veins and arteries to widen and your heart to beat easier.
Dosage Information for Clonidine
- Inform your physician of any medications you take prior to starting a treatment of Clonidine.
- Take as directed by your physician.
- Clonidine should be taken with an 8 ounce glass of water.
- This medication is best taken at bedtime as it may make you tired and dizzy. Taking this medication at bedtime will reduce your chances of suffering from a fall.
- To receive the benefits of this medication it should be taken regularly. Do not discontinue without consulting your doctor.
- If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose. You should never take a double dose of Clonidine.
- Store at room temperature and away from heat.
Special Information About Clonidine
- If you plan on becoming pregnant, you should talk with your doctor to see if it is safe to take this drug.
- If you are breastfeeding, you should consult with your physician prior to taking drug.
- You should tell your physician if you have any of the following conditions prior to taking this medicine: kidney, liver or heart disease, as well as history of stroke and/or heart attacks.
- This medication may make you dizzy and/or sleepy. You should use caution when performing hazardous activities and driving until you see how the medication affects you. You should use caution if you sit up or stand abruptly as it may make you dizzy.
- You should not consume alcohol or sleeping pills when you are taking this medication as it will increase the side effects.
- Contact your physician if you experience any side effects.
- As with any medication, keep this drug out of the reach of children.
Disclaimer: Cliff Schaffer does not personally endorse or support any of the comments made within the writings of this article.